Clionadh Electrocute Powder Highlighter ($12.50 for 0.21 oz.) has a sheerer base (as described) with shimmer that shifted peach to peachy-coral with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. The base seemed to look almost bluish at times, and as it was designed to have a more transparent base, it would work well for layering to add a different shift to a blush.
The consistency was soft, smooth to the touch, not too firmly or too softly-pressed into the pan, so it was easy to pick up with an assortment of highlighting brushes. The powder applied evenly to bare skin and buffed out to a smooth sheen that didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It lasted well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Terra Moons Astral (P, $17.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Terra Moons Lunar Spectrum (P, $17.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Clionadh Sunbeam (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Terra Moons Phoenix (P, $17.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Clionadh Chromatic (P, $14.25) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- Terra Moons Ice Giant (P, $17.00) is more shimmery, cooler (80% similar).
- Clionadh Halo (P, $14.25) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- Terra Moons Solar Flare (P, $17.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Danessa Myricks Strawberry Moon (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (80% similar).
- Clionadh Gloaming (P, $7.75) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
$12.50/0.21 oz. - $59.52 Per Ounce
There's not much that describes the formula other than it has a "soft, buildable application." They tended to be quite pigmented--semi-opaque to fully opaque--with soft, smoother textures that weren't too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. For sheerer or more buildable application, I'd highly recommend using a lighter hand a less-dense brush to do so.
The texture was typically smooth, slightly dense and a bit thicker than most powder highlighters on the market, so they often needed to be really buffed and diffused on the skin. The finishes were often more intense, leaning toward metallic, and occasionally, they emphasized my skin's natural texture when worn at higher coverage levels. They wore between eight and nine hours on me for the most part.
Browse all of our Clionadh Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Myristate, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Kaolin, Silica, Allantoin, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate. May Contain: +/- Ultramarines, +/- Chromium Oxide Green, +/- Ferric Ferrocyanide, +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, +/- Manganese Violet.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.