Pink Honey Pop
Clinique Pink Honey Pop Cheek Pop Blush ($25.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a soft, light-medium pink with warm, yellow undertones and a satin sheen. The texture was very smooth and dense in the pan, while on the skin, it was incredibly blendable and almost creamy in the way it sat and diffused on the skin.
It had semi-opaque, buildable coverage that applied easily, as it blended out nicely along the edges. The finish was more satiny than truly luminous–it seemed to have less sheen than most of the Cheek Pops–but looked good on the skin as it did not emphasize pores or my skin’s texture. This shade wore well for nine hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Makeup Geek Spell Bound (DC, $9.99) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Fun Ending (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Physicians Formula Natural (P, $12.99) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Chantecaille Bliss (LE, $44.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Prize (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Cheeky Bugger (LE, $24.00) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Statemint (LE, $22.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Sweet Enough (P, $29.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Salt New York Rose (P, $16.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Celebrated (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$21.00/0.12 oz. - $175.00 Per Ounce
The formula is described as “vibrant yet natural-looking cheek colour that looks virtually powderless.” The texture was smooth, soft, and dense, so it was never powdery in the pan or on the skin. The blush had good color payoff that was easily sheered out (or you could apply less, as the denser texture makes that easy to control).
It’s the kind of texture that almost blends itself as soon as you start applying and working it onto the skin. The finish became more luminous as I blended the powder onto the skin, but it was never shiny or overly shimmery, so it always looked smooth on my skin and did not emphasize pores or my skin’s texture. Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Clinique Cheek Pop Blush swatches.
Hdi/Trimethylol, Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Dicalcium Phoshate, Squalane, Ptfe, Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Polysorbate 80, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydro-Cinnamate, [+/- Mica, Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 36 Lake (Ci 12085), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) Orange 5 (Ci 45370), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Carmine (Ci 75470), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.