Clinique Pink Pop Cheek Pop Blush ($25.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a soft, medium rosy pink with very subtle cool, blue undertones and a luminous sheen. It’s almost neutral, but it leans a little cool-toned against my warmer skin tone.
The texture of this shade was soft, smooth, and incredibly blendable on the skin. It had excellent color payoff that can be sheered out or built-up for true-to-pan color. I’m so pleased to be able to report that thus far the new shades are measuring up to the original four that were released in formula. I think a lot of the magic in the formula is the finish: a satiny, luminous sheen that gives skin a natural radiance while making skin appear smoother, as it never emphasizes pores. On me, Pink Pop lasted for nine hours on me before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Physicians Formula Rose (P, $12.99) is lighter (95% similar).
- Ciate Baby Doll (P, $26.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Dollymix (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Clinique Heather Pop (P, $21.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Pink Lemonade (P, $25.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Flush (P, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Robotic (LE, $30.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Swindle (LE, $30.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Dollface (P, $29.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Stay Pretty (P, $23.50) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$21.00/0.12 oz. - $175.00 Per Ounce
The formula is described as “vibrant yet natural-looking cheek colour that looks virtually powderless.” The texture was smooth, soft, and dense, so it was never powdery in the pan or on the skin. The blush had good color payoff that was easily sheered out (or you could apply less, as the denser texture makes that easy to control).
It’s the kind of texture that almost blends itself as soon as you start applying and working it onto the skin. The finish became more luminous as I blended the powder onto the skin, but it was never shiny or overly shimmery, so it always looked smooth on my skin and did not emphasize pores or my skin’s texture. Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Clinique Cheek Pop Blush swatches.
Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer , Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate , Glycerin , Dicalcium Phosphate , Squalane , Ptfe , Dimethicone , Lauroyl Lysine , Ethylhexylglycerin , Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) , Polysorbate 80 , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2-Hexanediol , Zinc Stearate , Silica , Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate , [+/- Mica , Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850) , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Manganese Violet (Ci 77742) , Red 36 Lake (Ci 12085) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77499) , Ultramarines (Ci 77007) , Red 6 (Ci 15850) , Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985) , Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) , Orange 5 (Ci 45370) , Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163) , Carmine (Ci 75470) , Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360) , Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77492)]