On the Glow
Clinique On the Glow Cheek Pop Palette ($29.50 for 0.36 oz.) is a new, limited edition trio of cheek colors–a highlighter, blush, and bronzer–in the brand’s popular Cheek Pop formula. The blush, Ginger Pop, is part of the permanent range, while the other two are new (at least to me). All three shades were consistent with the Cheek Pop formula: a gel-powder formula that feels smooth, lightly creamy to the touch and sits well on skin because there’s no powderiness (also no excess kicked up in the pan!). You’ll want to use a moderately dense, more rounded brush to pick up product as more feathery (think a fan brush) don’t pick up product well with this type of formula. It’s a good value if they’re shades you’d use, but I would have loved to see the brand release a second trio with more depth to cover more skin tones.
LELimited Edition. $29.50.
Pearl Pop is a soft pink with warm, yellow undertones paired with a golden sheen. It had good color coverage with a smooth, lightly creamy texture that was dense but not stiff to work with. It yielded a touch of color on my skin tone (anyone deeper would likely get highlighter-only use out of it) and a noticeable sheen, but it was on the more subtle end of the spectrum compared to the average highlighter (as it was intended to be). It paired well and layered well with the other two shades in the palette. The highlighter lasted nicely for eight hours on me before fading a bit.
- Colour Pop Made Me Do It (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- NYX Enigmatic (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Highlighter (LE, $34.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Flycatcher (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Gold Glow (LE, $48.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Beaming Blush (P, $37.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Jouer Rose Quartz (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Dusk (P, $16.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Halo Gorgeous (P, $5.99) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Centre of Attention (Outer) (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
LELimited Edition. $25.00.
Ginger Pop is a bright, medium-dark pink-coral with warm undertones and a subtle, golden sheen. It had a natural, more lit-from-within kind of finish that buffed out beautifully and never emphasized my skin texture. It had opaque pigmentation that blended out easily, but it had the type of texture that was firmer, denser in the pan, so if one wanted more sheer coverage, a light hand yielded more buildable coverage. The blush had a gel-powder feel–dense but not stiff–and has a more “melted” and seamless look on skin. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly on me.
Sunkissed Pop is a light-medium brown with warm undertones and a satiny sheen. Though I could see the shimmer in the swatch, once applied and buffed onto my skin, it had a more satiny sheen–barely luminous but not matte either. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which could be built up to full coverage with less than half of a layer more. The powder applied evenly and blended out beautifully without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It lasted for eight and a half hours on me before I noticed slight fading.
- Tarte Solo (-, ) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Essence Bespoke (P, $2.99) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild What Shady Beaches (P, $4.99) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Physicians Formula Sunkissed Bronzer (P, $14.99) is lighter (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Roosevelt (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Capri Coast (P, $38.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Golden Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Deep Bronzer (P, $14.99) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- IT Cosmetics Warm Radiance (P, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Pineapple Paradise (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).