Clinique Honey, Honey Ornament Set ($15.00 for 0.08 oz.) is a simple set that includes two, miniature-sized Almonst Lipsticks in Pink Honey and Black Honey. The Almost Lipstick is described as having “transparent pigment [that] merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips” with a “sheer, glossy, emollient-rich, and very lightweight” formula. The description is fairly apt–enough pigmentation that they do alter the natural lip color but are still sheer that the natural lip color comes through. What I liked about the formula was that they still applied evenly and didn’t sink into my lip lines much while having decent wear (three hours) that was hydrating.
A full-sized Almost Lipstick retails for $17.50 and contains 0.07 oz. or costs $250.00/oz. The set contains $20.00 worth of product.
Pink Honey is a soft, medium pink with warm undertones and a natural sheen. It lightened my natural lip color and gave it a lighter, pinker look while still allowing my natural lip color to come through, which was as described. The texture was lightweight, emollient but not overly slippery, and comfortable to wear. There was just a smidgen of color in my deeper lip lines that wasn’t noticeable from a normal viewing distance. The lipstick stayed on well for three hours and was moisturizing.
- MAC Bonsai Bloom (LE, $20.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Soft Savour (LE, $19.50) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Light English Red (LE, $30.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Native (DC, $22.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Guerlain Gabrielle (DC, $58.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Laissez-Faire (P, $19.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Morning After (P, $18.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Badine (154) (LE, $38.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Buxom Pink Coquette (P, $22.00) is darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Maybelline Blushing Bud (705) (P, $7.49) is darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
Black Honey is a muted, medium plum with subtle, warm undertones and a soft sheen. It had semi-sheer coverage that applied evenly and smoothly across the lips. The texture was soft, lightly emollient, and comfortable to wear. Despite being sheer and emollient, it did not pull into my lip lines. This shade wore well for three hours on me and was hydrating.
- bareMinerals Mantra (P, $20.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Burberry Tea Rose (277) (P, $34.00) is lighter, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Otranto (LE, $55.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Falbala (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Finally Free (LE, $19.50) is more pigmented (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Cortado (DC, $24.00) is more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Shiseido Red Queen (RD716) (DC, $28.00) is more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Sheer Rapture (P, $18.00) is more pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty So Vain (50) (P, $54.00) is more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- bareMinerals Notorious (P, $20.00) is warmer (85% similar).