Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Matte Revolution Lipstick ($34.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a muted, medium pink with warmer undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had medium, buildable color coverage–up to mostly opaque–with a velvety, smooth, and thin consistency that clung a bit to lips, though not in an uncomfortable, drying kind of way. I just felt like it had a tendency to emphasize my lip lines a bit as some color pulled into them.
The Matte Revolution formula is supposed to be “long-lasting, buildable [and] hydrating.” When I tested the lipstick, it stayed on well for four and a half hours and was non-drying. It was easy to apply, reapply, and to wear, but I wish it was kinder to my lip lines and was hydrating as described!
- Laura Mercier Catherine (LE, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Kiss (P, $18.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Pearl Punk (LE, $21.00) is more shimmery, less glossy (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Fling It On (Lip Color) (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass I Woke Up (P, $34.00) is darker, brighter (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Café (LE, $24.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Anastasia #1 (Vol. 1) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Super Cindy (P, $34.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Anita (P, $34.00) is darker, glossier (85% similar).
- Smashbox Primrose (PiP, $21.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Cheat Lip Liner ($22.00 for 0.04 oz.) is a dusty, medium-dark pink with a hint of mauve paired with a flat, matte finish. It had good color coverage in a single stroke, and it was nearly opaque when I used it to fill-in my lips.
The Lip Cheat formula is described as a “rich, velvety liner” that can be used all over the lips or for defining the edges of the lips that is supposed to have six-hour wear. The texture was smooth, slightly velvety, and didn’t tug too much on the lips; it was easiest and most comfortable to use as a defining pencil (used along the edges) than to color all over. When I used it all over, it had good, even coverage and while very matte, it actually made my lips appear smoother. As a standalone lip color, it wore well for six hours on me and was non-drying.
- Urban Decay Naked (P, $18.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Solow (P, $6.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty #004 (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Jouer Blush (P, $18.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Please Me (P, $18.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Clueless (P, $6.50) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty #006 (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Milani Lust (LE, $8.99) is brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Kat Von D Saint (LE, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).
Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Synthetic Sapphire, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Polyurethane-11, Isoceteth-10, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491) [May Contain Carmine (Ci 75470), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77499)]. Ingredients may vary by color.