Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Matte Revolution Lipstick ($34.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a muted, medium pink with warmer undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had medium, buildable color coverage–up to mostly opaque–with a velvety, smooth, and thin consistency that clung a bit to lips, though not in an uncomfortable, drying kind of way. I just felt like it had a tendency to emphasize my lip lines a bit as some color pulled into them.
The Matte Revolution formula is supposed to be “long-lasting, buildable [and] hydrating.” When I tested the lipstick, it stayed on well for four and a half hours and was non-drying. It was easy to apply, reapply, and to wear, but I wish it was kinder to my lip lines and was hydrating as described!
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Laura Mercier Catherine (LE, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Kiss (P, $18.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Boukhara (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Pearl Punk (LE, $21.00) is more shimmery, less glossy (85% similar).
- Hourglass I Woke Up (P, $34.00) is darker, brighter (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Fling It On (Lip Color) (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Café (LE, $24.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Anastasia #1 (Vol. 1) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Pour Toujours (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Super Cindy (P, $34.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
$34.00/0.12 oz. - $283.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "long-lasting color" that's "buildable" with "glowing pigments" that give the "illusion of wider, fuller lips." Some shades are buildable while others are fairly pigmented in one stroke. The consistency was more velvety, lightweight, and thin without being clingy or drying over time. I found that some shades were flattering on, as they didn't emphasize lip texture or get into my lip lines, while other shades gravitated into my lip lines. They wore between three and five hours and were typically non-drying. There was no discernible scent or taste.
Browse all of our Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick swatches.
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Cheat Lip Liner ($22.00 for 0.04 oz.) is a dusty, medium-dark pink with a hint of mauve paired with a flat, matte finish. It had good color coverage in a single stroke, and it was nearly opaque when I used it to fill-in my lips.
The Lip Cheat formula is described as a “rich, velvety liner” that can be used all over the lips or for defining the edges of the lips that is supposed to have six-hour wear. The texture was smooth, slightly velvety, and didn’t tug too much on the lips; it was easiest and most comfortable to use as a defining pencil (used along the edges) than to color all over. When I used it all over, it had good, even coverage and while very matte, it actually made my lips appear smoother. As a standalone lip color, it wore well for six hours on me and was non-drying.
- Bite Beauty #006 (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty #004 (P, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Jouer Blush (P, $18.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Naked (P, $18.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Solow (P, $6.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Clueless (P, $6.50) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Milani Lust (LE, $8.99) is brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Please Me (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Saint (LE, $18.00) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).
Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Synthetic Sapphire, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Polyurethane-11, Isoceteth-10, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491) [May Contain Carmine (Ci 75470), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, Ci 77499)]. Ingredients may vary by color.