Charlotte Tilbury Goldgasm Hollywood Beauty Light Wand ($38.00 for 0.4 oz.) is a light-medium gold with strong, warm yellow undertones and a luminous sheen. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation (also very easy to sheer out if preferred) with a smooth, lightly emollient texture that felt more like a gel-cream (but was quite thin). The advantage to this formula is definitely in how well it applies over bare skin as well as over base products. It applies and blends out easily without lifting up base products or creating patchiness as it dries down. On my skin, the highlighter wore well for nine hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NYX Daytime Halo (P, $6.99) is lighter (95% similar).
- Becca Prosecco Pop (P, $41.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Dior Golden Glow (003) (P, $50.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Fairest of All (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Dior Warm Gold (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Becca Royal Glow (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Highlighting Glow (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain Electric Light (LE, $56.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Kosas Helios (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Liquid Sky (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$38.00/0.4 oz. - $95.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to add a "kiss of color" with a "soft focus beauty glow." I found the liquid highlighter easy to spread across my skin and blend out along the edges with the included applicator as well as with my fingertips. The formula dried down quickly and didn’t remain wet, but there was enough time to apply and blend. The coverage ranged from sheer to semi-sheer, buildable coverage.
It had a lightweight, thin consistency that was more gel-like, which was particularly easy to work with over base products (and still worked well over bare skin!) as it did not lift up product nor did it create patchiness. They wore between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Beauty Light Wand swatches.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Hydrogenated Didecene, Isododecane, Mica, Glycerin, Propanediol, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Hydroxyacetophenone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Lindera Strychnifolia Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Carmine (Ci 45470)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.