Burnt Coral (390)
Chanel Burnt Coral (390) Joues Contraste Blush ($45.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a dark copper with warm, red undertones and faint gold and copper pearl. The consistency was moderately dusty, and I did not expect much out of it as a result, but it was an instance where the application was a lot better in practice. It had medium, buildable pigmentation that applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with minimal effort, and lasted for a solid eight hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Faux Sure (P, $31.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- MAC Ambering Rose (P, $24.00) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coastal Drive (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, less pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Bardot (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Pleasure Model (LE, $31.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rose Latte (P, $20.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Clinique Fig Pop (P, $21.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Hushed Tone (P, $31.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Perfect Bronze (Right) (LE, $29.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Make You Mine (P, $23.50) is warmer (90% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. - $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
The formula is rose-scented but the scent was largely undetectable applied (but noticeable in the compact).
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.