Blush Camelia Peche
Chanel Blush Camelia Peche Joues Contraste Blush ($48.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a medium coral with warm undertones and a satin finish. It was a limited edition blush released for Cyber Monday (2017), and it sold out in less than two days–it was gone by the time my package arrived the next morning!–so I’m really just here with some dupes, I guess.
The blush is comprised of two of the brand’s blush shades–Espiegle (discontinued) and Malice (permanent)–and comes in a blush-sized compact with a floral pattern. The consistency was smooth, silky, and blendable on the skin with good pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage with a second layer. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NYX Apricot (DC, $5.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Vibrant (LE, $29.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Parfait (P, $32.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B314 (P, $23.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Sideshow You (LE, $24.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Nude Glow (Center) (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Chanel Angelique (190) (DC, $45.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Coastline (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Diffused Heat (P, $40.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #215 HD Blush (DC, $26.00) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. - $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
The formula is rose-scented but the scent was largely undetectable applied (but noticeable in the compact).
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.