Benefit Crystah Blush Review & Swatches
Benefit Crystah WANDERful World Silky-Soft Powder Blush ($29.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a bright pop of medium-dark pink-coral with a subtle, golden sheen that gave it a soft, luminous lit-from-within kind of glow once applied and diffused on skin.
- Mostly opaque initially (not as buildable as marketed), can be sheered out/used with lighter hand
- Smooth, velvety, and finely-milled without being too firm or too powdery
- Applied evenly and seamlessly on skin, almost blended itself
- Long-wearing (9 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Rare Beauty Grace (P, $20.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Pink Dahlia (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tower 28 Happy Hour (P, $20.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Moira Ruby Flush (P, $9.50) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Dusty Rose (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hotline (P, $7.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- About Face Champagne Room (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Rose Inc Ophelia (P, $18.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Heat Index (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Petal Poppin' (P, $20.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$29.00/0.21 oz. - $138.10 Per Ounce
The WANDERful World Blush formula is supposed to have a "silky-soft" texture that is "buildable, blendable" and feel "weightless" on the skin. The range featured finishes from matte to shimmer with less-intense variations in-between. They described the effect as "soft-focus, airbrushed," and I think that was the one aspect that stood out to me (without even having read the description) was how smooth, seamless, and soft the blushes sat on my skin.
They were medium to mostly opaque, buildable in pigmentation and felt very intuitive to use. I could use a lighter hand for sheerer coverage, a heavier hand for higher coverage, or easily build and blend to desired opacity in a way that felt quite forgiving. The consistency was finely-milled, smooth, and easy to pick up with smaller, larger, feathery, and denser brushes.
The formula lasted eight to nine hours on me with some of the richer/deeper hues with slight shimmer seeming to last a bit longer compared to the very light and more matte shades.
Browse all of our Benefit WANDERful World Silky-Soft Powder Blush swatches.
SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, MICA, ZINC STEARATE, LAURYL DIMETHICONE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, ALUMINA, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PEARL POWDER, STEARIC ACID, TIN OXIDE, LAURETH-4, AQUA (WATER), TOCOPHEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [+/- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Well, hello Summer! This is on the list to get during the spring Rouge sale, because it’s absolutely beautiful and radiant!
A beautiful, vibrant brush from Benefit – haven’t heard from them for awhile, but it’s great to see the brand still deliver excellent products.
This blush looks beautiful on you! I nearly bought this on Black Friday, but wasn’t sure…now I know I want it!
It looks very similar to Nars Orgasm X, although I didn’t see that in the list of dupes. Pretty, though.
I love these blushes. I have four of them.
I absolutely don’t need a new blush, but I want this one. I love when you get the lit from within look, a look that would come from a walk on a slightly windy winter day, for me that’s more of a rugged red, the thought of it looks like this beauty of a blush though. It may be a bit too much on the coral side, but no, I think it would be perfect.