Year of the Pig
Becca Year of the Pig Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a soft, golden peach with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. I didn’t get much pink-peach, mostly peach, in the pan, swatched, and applied, but those with pinker undertones might find it looks less golden when worn with a lighter hand. The consistency felt soft, a little dusty to the touch, but it wasn’t too powdery in the pan and sat well on my skin when applied. The highlighter had nearly opaque pigmentation in one layer, but it blended out easily enough that it could be applied sheer and built up as desired. Most of Becca’s highlighters are quite metallic and intense, but this was softer, more luminous and lit-from-within, so it definitely didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture but may be not enough oomph if that’s part of why you might prefer Becca’s formula over others. On me, the highlighter stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
- MAC Girl Wonder (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Glossier Play Pale Pearl (P, $20.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Main Attraction (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Gnomie (P, $7.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Chanel Or Rose (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Precious Rocks (001) (DC, $56.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Glossier Play Platinum Rose (P, $20.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Rêve Salé II (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Naked Cherry #1 (LE, ) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Morphe Spark (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish. They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin. I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.
Mica, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isostearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Tin Oxide. May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-]: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 75470 (Carmine)