Becca Smoky Quartz Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a muted, medium, rosy copper with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It seemed less metallic compared to other highlighters in the range, which may or may not be your cup of tea. It yielded a strong, noticeable glow on the skin that didn’t accentuate my natural skin texture but was still a stronger highlight. On my complexion, there was some warmth (without being orange-based) and color, so I would expect it to be more of a highlighting bronzer or blush on very fair skin tones and more of a sheen on deeper skin tones. The consistency was soft, smooth, and blendable without being dusty in the pan. The pigmentation was opaque and appeared a bit darker swatched and applied than it did in the pan. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Superb (P, $37.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Strapped (LE, $8.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Yummy Cookies (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Starlight (P, $44.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Afternoon Glow (P, $48.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Viseart Highlight #2 (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Indiscretion (P, $45.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Highlight the Truth (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz (P, $46.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Dior Peach Delight (007) (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish.
They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin.
I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.
Mica, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isostearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Tin Oxide. May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-]: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 75470 (Carmine).