Becca Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a pop of peachy gold with strong, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had a smooth, blendable texture that wasn’t too soft nor too firmly pressed in the pan, though I have found that Becca’s formula is less cream-like and a little drier to the touch over time. The difference is more in texture/by feel and doesn’t seem to impact the actual application, as the product applied evenly, blended out without trouble, and had a luminous finish that didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It had opaque pigmentation, but the drier texture actually made it easier to pick up less product by using a lighter hand. The color stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me.
(This isn’t new; it’s in special edition packaging, and I decided to re-review due to slight formula variations over the years and to get more updated swatches as it is such a popular shade.)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Becca Champagne Pop (DC, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Ciate Celestial (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Chanel Ivory Gold (10) (P, $58.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew You (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Flora (LE, $55.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Persona Zuma (P, $24.00) is darker (100% similar).
- Chanel Plisse Lumiere de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Golden Flower Crown (P, $4.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Precious Petals (LE, $4.99) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Cover FX Rose Gold (LE, $34.00) is lighter (95% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish.
They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin.
I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.
Mica, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isostearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil) Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Tin Oxide, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine).