Artist Couture Gold Digger Diamond Glow PowderArtist Couture Gold Digger Diamond Glow Powder ($27.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a bright, white gold with a “cooler” gold sheen paired with a metallic finish. It seemed to have a transparent base, so it was more shimmer/pearl than it was base product. As a result, the color payoff was more semi-opaque and buildable, but at an angle, it read almost opaque based on the way it shimmered and reflected the light.
The consistency was soft, finely-milled, and lightweight, so it was a bit airy and more prone to flying away and was best opened by gently tapping it to settle the powder after shaking gently. The level of luminosity was buildable, as described, and was more of a light-to-moderate sheen in one layer and more metallic with a second layer, though neither level emphasized my skin’s natural texture. This shade lasted well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- LORAC Star Reader (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Fine Gold (003) (PiP, $65.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Pale Gold 002 (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Becca Vanilla Quartz (LE, $19.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Too Faced Rosy Glow (Left) (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Becca Citrine (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Anastasia Marshmallow (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Santorini (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Electrify (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Gold FX (LE, $31.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$27.00/0.16 oz. - $168.75 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed have a buildable glow, so you can have a "subtle, luminous sheen" or build it up for an "intense, amplified look." They can also be applied to eyes and lips if desired. They appear to be opaque in promotional swatches and imagery, which was what I also found while testing; they were semi-opaque to opaque, though as a loose product, one could simply use the smallest amount to get something sheerer.
The powder was very finely-milled, which helped it spread well on bare skin and not emphasize my skin's natural texture. It seemed to have a shinier finish, while still being noticeably shimmery/sparkly, and the glow could be built up to intensely metallic if desired. I liked to pick up product on a tapered highlighting brush and gently swirl the brush on the underside of the lid, which helped to evenly distribute the product on my brush.
They wore between seven and eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder swatches.
Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891). May Contain (+/-): Silica, Carmine.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.