Don’t be afraid of rocking blue eyeshadow! There are so many variations on blue, whether they lean green or purple, bright or muted, light or dark that can be worn. Here are five of my picks for spring:
- Sugarpill Mochi — a cool-toned, aqua blue with a matte finish
- Urban Decay Peace — brightened, vibrant medium blue
- Inglot #415 — a gold-shimmered, medium blue with a frost finish
- Illamasqua Sadist — a deep, dark, purple-blue with a matte finish
- L’Oreal Timeless Blue Spark — a medium, muted blue with a metallic finish
What colors do you pair with blue eyeshadow?
If gold isn’t quite your style when it comes to the holidays, how about silver? I personally love wearing silver as an eyeliner or as an eyeshadow base for a smoky eye.
- Lit Tinsel Town — a glittering, holographic silver perfect for adding sparkle and dazzle to any look
- Maybelline Silver Strike — a bright, metallic silver that’s easy to use as an eyeliner or as a cream eyeshadow
- Urban Decay Cuff — a bright, silver eyeliner with a soft metallic sheen
- NYX Ice Glitter — silver and holographic glitter top coat to add just that touch of wintry dazzle to your nails
- Inglot #447 — a bright, light metallic silver powder eyeshadow that opens and brightens the eye
What are your favorite silver-hued beauty products?
What is a holiday season without highlighting some of my current set of favorite ruby red-hued beauty products? I’m always on the hunt for more metallic reds, so I look forward to reading your favorites!
- OCC Black Metal Dahlia — a deep, dark burgundy-red with ruby red metallic shimmer
- Hourglass Siren — no list is complete without Siren, a fiercely metallic, opaque gloss
- OCC Role Play — a ruby red with a metallic finish and cool undertones
- Inglot #450 — a deepened, cool-toned reddish-berry with a metallic sheen
- Milani Cherry Crave — a warm, metallic red
What are your personal favorites?
Inglot Launches New Products for November 2013
Fusion Blush & Illuminator ($13.00)
INGLOT Fusion Blush and Illuminator is a perfect combination for face modelling. Matte facial blush is ideal for defining selected parts of the face, while the illuminator provides delicate highlights. A silky formula enables easy application for a long-lasting fresh and subtle look. INGLOT Fusion Blush and Illuminator will be available in four new shades.
- #201 Intense blue based fuchsia pink paired with a muted illuminating pastel
- #202 Rose colored blush with a complementing musky highlighting pink
- #203 Rusty apricot and a frosted soft peach highlighter
- #204 Natural pink/beige with pink/beige highlighter
HD Illuminizing Loose Powder ($16.00)
Available in five subtle colours, INGLOT’s new HD Illuminizing Loose Powder will let your face glow like never before. The skin loving ingredients include premium silicone powder and diamond dust, perfect to hide skin’s little imperfections and leave you looking refreshed and rejuvenated. Outstanding film-forming agents will provide a smooth and long-lasting finish. Ideal for everyday use, this product may also be used for filming in high definition and will ensure the face looks flawless even on a big screen.
Availability: November 2013, Online: INGLOTUSA.com, INGLOT Boutiques: New York City, Las Vegas, Miami, Newport Beach, New Jersey and select Macy’s Department Stores on January 2014.
As someone with a warmer complexion, I always go gold during the holidays, but I would be remiss if I didn’t consider the opposite–silver–which can work well to brighten and reflect just as nicely as gold!
- Le Metier de Beaute Platinum — a bright, metallic silver
- NARS Interstellar — a frosted, metallic silver cream
- Urban Decay Cuff — a brightened silver eyeliner–perfect for brightening up a smoky eye
- Inglot #447 — an extremely bright silver with a highly metallic finish in powder form
- Zoya Electra — silver tinsel with a holographic finish to make any nail color festive
What’s your favorite silver-hued beauty product?
One of my favorite shades in makeup (especially for eyes and nails) is pewter. I love that it’s this mix of gray, gold, silver, and green–it can be such a complex shade.
- Dior Millenium — shimmering, warm-toned pewter in a cream formulation that can be worn sheer or opaque
- MAC Antique Diamond — a metallic golden pewter with soft sparkle in a cream form
- Benefit Skinny Jeans — a classic green-leaning pewter with a golden bronze sheen
- Inglot #454 — a lovely light-medium golden pewter with a frosted, metallic finish
- Urban Decay Addiction — limited edition but still available (so I couldn’t resist), this is a beautiful green-ish, dirty gold for tips
What’s your favorite pewter-hued beauty product?