Do you go bolder or subtler during the summer for your blush? I find it just depends on whether I’ve reached for brighter lip colors or not; if I go bright on the lips, I usually go quite light on the cheeks and vice versa. Here are some of my current recommendations if you’re in the market for a fun, pink-hued blush this summer:
- YSL Fuchsia Desinvolte (01) — a fuchsia pink that can be applied as a light stain or as a deep blush (bonus: works well on lips, too!0)
- theBalm Down Boy — a cool-toned, light-medium pink with a mostly matte finish
- Clinique Berry Pop (03) — cool-toned, raspberry pink with a luminous finish
- MAC Lovecloud — a light-medium, warm-toned pink
- Milani Bella Rosa (11) — a vibrant, pink-red with a matte finish
>> See them all side-by-side! <<
What are your favorites?
Here are some of my personal recommendations for cheek and face products to pick up while Sephora’s offering 15% off! Beauty Insiders use code TICKET, VIBs use code VIBTICKET, and Rouges use code ROUGETICKET. Feel free to share your recommendations for other readers to try!
- Clinique Cheek Pop (review) are so incredible, I can recommend every single shade without hesitation. Great texture, pigmentation, and not too pricey! (Pictured: Plum Pop)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush (review) are soft, lightly luminous blushes that are great for everyday wear. They’ve gone in and out of stock during the sale, so you might have to look in-store for them if they’re on your list. (Pictured: Ethereal Glow)
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush (review) are forgiving, easy-to-use cream blushes that wear well, come in a variety of shades, and have a great texture. (Pictured: #215)
- Guerlain Meteorites Pearls (review) is a fantastic way to add subtle glow and softening to the face after applying your favorite foundation, and they’re an indulgence to be sure! (Pictured: Clair)
- Givenchy Le Prisme Blush (review) is incredibly finely-milled, velvety, and smooth in texture, so the blush goes on evenly and looks natural on the skin. (Pictured: It-Girl Purple)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (review) might be “old news” now, but they’re products that can easily be used often and add soft luminosity to the skin. (Pictured: Luminous Light)
- Benefit Rockateur Box o’ Powder (review) is a sweet fix for a craving for rose gold.
- Illamasqua Blusher (review) is a lovely option for anyone looking for more satin and matte finish blushes. (Pictured: Lover)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush (review) is a richly pigmented, long-wearing, silky-smooth formula. (Pictured: Sensous Rose)
- Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder (review) is a classic option for a finely-milled, silky-smooth, long-wearing bronzer. (Pictured: Moyen Brunettes)
Reader Dilyana wanted to see more top picks for corals… so here’s my current top ten list of coral lipsticks, lipglosses, and blushes! (See them in the Swatch Gallery here.) What are your favorites right now?
- Hourglass Radiant Magenta — a warm-toned, pinky-coral with a satin finish
- Too Faced Bon Bon — a bright, warm-toned coral
- Chanel Reflexion — a shimmering, coral-red gloss
- Clinique Peach Pop — a muted, coral-orange with a luminous finish
- Maybelline Caramel Infused — a soft, pink-coral gloss
- Urban Decay Streak — a glossy coral-pink
- Tom Ford Love Lust –a shimmering, dark coral
- Burberry Camel Pink — a peachy-gold shimmered coral-pink gloss
- Givenchy Rose Dressing (202) — a vibrant, pink-coral
- MAC Be a Lady –a brightened, pink-coral
Soft, flushed cheeks with a hint of luminous sheen — that just says spring to me! Here are five of my current favorites for the spring season…
- Clinique Plum Pop (04) — cool-toned, plummy pink with a satin finish
- Chanel Revelation (63) — light-medium, warm-toned pink with a satin finish
- theBalm Down Boy — a soft, cool-toned pink with a satin finish
- Burberry Blossom — a softly shimmered coral-orange
- Hourglass Radiant Magenta — a light-medium, warm pink with a satin finish
What are your favorite blushes to wear during spring?
With Valentine’s Day just a couple of weeks away, it seemed only appropriate to make a list of pretty in pink shades. Whether you like pink on your lips, tips, cheeks, or eyes, I hope that you’ll find at least one shade to drool over.
- Clinique Plum Pop (04) — a cool-toned, plummy pink with a satin finish
- L’Oreal Always pearly Pink (756) — a light-medium, frosted pink with warm, yellow undertones
- Givenchy Rose Taffetas (201) — a light-medium, warm-toned pink with a luminous shine
- Illamasqua Harem — a cool-toned, pastel pink with hints of lavender
- Urban Decay Anarchy — a vibrant, cool-toned, fuchsia pink
- NARS Desire — a cool-toned, vibrant magenta pink with a mostly matte finish
- Revlon Adorned — an intense, bright fuchsia-red with shimmer
- Make Up For Ever #75 — a rich, hot pink with a matte finish
- Maybelline Pink Pop — blue-based, cotton candy pink with a soft, frosted finish
- Tarte Dollface — a cool-toned, light-medium pink with a satin finish
Clinique Cheek Pop Blush
With Cheek Pop Blush, Clinique hit a home run. Every single shade has been high quality, richly pigmented, and effortlessly blendable. They’re all fantastic, and I can recommend them each equally–it’s a matter of your preference on color, but you can’t go wrong formula-wise. It’s not often that a brand puts out a new formula that’s as impressive as this offering but to be consistent across the shades? so infrequent.
Reviews, Photos, Swatches
Clinique Cheek Pop Blushes