YSL Rose Or Couture Highlighter ($42.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a soft, peachy-coral with warm, rosy undertones and a sparkling sheen. There were faint micro-sparkles strewn throughout the powder, and it was rather luminous, though had medium and higher coverage, it seemed to emphasize my skin’s texture a touch. The pigmentation was semi-sheer, buildable but had to be used with a dampened brush to get more semi-opaque to opaque coverage. Unfortunately, the stiffer, more firmly pressed texture made it less blendable dry but very difficult to soften those edges when used wet. It wore well for eight hours on me before it started to fade noticeably.
- Becca Beach Nectar (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Mr. Wind (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Daygleam (P, $28.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Peachgasm (P, $38.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Dior Bronze Glow (004) (P, $48.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Promise (P, $28.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Orgasm (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Magic Moment (LE, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Coucher de Soleil II (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Surreal (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
$42.00/0.11 oz. - $381.82 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "ultra-fine" with a "high-shine" finish that has "effortless, mistake-proof application" and "buildable intensity." It can also be used wet to "boost shimmer intensity." I tried two of three shades, and those two had varying degrees of pigmentation but were more semi-sheer to medium but buildable, both in terms of color as well as the intensity of the finish/shine. The consistency was more firmly pressed in the pan, which resulted in a stiffer texture that wasn't as blendable as it could have been and required a heavier hand just to pick up product in the first place. It was particularly noticeable when I tried to apply and blend out the color wet--it was more pigmented but it adhered very strongly to wherever it was initially applied and blending out the edges was difficult. I was able to blend out both shades on my skin, but it took more effort than anticipated. They lasted eight hours on me before fading a bit.
Browse all of our YSL Couture Highlighter swatches.