Wet ‘n’ Wild Sunset Striptease Color Icon Bronzer ($4.99 for 0.38 oz.) is a light-medium brown with warm, golden undertones and a satiny sheen. It had good color coverage that was buildable to full coverage or easily used with a lighter hand for sheerer, more gradual coverage. The texture was smooth to the touch, denser but not stiff or thick, though it worked best with moderately dense brush due to the more gel-powder-like consistency. The bronzer applied evenly to my skin and blended out with little effort, and it had a very glowing, luminous finish after I buffed it into my skin. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Canyon Dreamin' (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Givenchy Ambre Saison (P, $52.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Chocolate Gold (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Solo (-, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Queen's Land (LE, $4.99) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- CoverGirl Bronze (200) (DC, $9.99) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tower 28 Gold Coast (P, $20.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Bronzer (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier A La Mode (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Hourglass Luminous Bronze Light (P, $52.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$4.99/0.38 oz. - $13.13 Per Ounce
The formula was more like a cream-powder hybrid, as the powder had a lot of slip and felt very smooth to the touch without being powdery, and it was on the denser side. It applied best with a circular, small-to-medium buffer brush or an otherwise moderately dense brush as it picked up product more evenly and dispersed it well. The product had medium to opaque coverage, depending on the shade, but they were buildable if they were not opaque in one layer. They blended out fairly well, but they can be tricky to blend over damp foundation--they seemed more reactive to residual moisture/oiliness on the skin compared to the average powder bronzer. I'd recommend lightly dusting translucent powder over your complexion products if they do not dry down to a semi-matte or matte finish.
Browse all of our Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Bronzer swatches.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silica, Magnesium Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Water/Eau, o-Cymen-5-ol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.