Urban Decay Disco Queen Holographic Highlighter Powder ($29.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a sparkling, medium lavender with warm, pink undertones paired with cool blue and pink sparkles. It had medium color payoff with a denser, almost cream-like consistency that was slightly thicker in the pan. I would recommend using a denser, firmer brush and/or heavier hand when picking up product.
It is intended to be a more intense highlighter, though the brand said that it could be built up between “subtle glow” and “high-watt highlight.” The coverage was described as “translucent.” In my experience, the highlighter had semi-sheer, buildable coverage–up to semi-opaque–with a finish intensity buildable from medium glow to intense, sparkling glow. The powder did contain actual sparkle/micro-glitter, so the highlighter is designed for those who enjoy glitter in their highlighters. It applied fairly well to bare skin and blended out with much effort. There was a noticeable shift from blue to lavender, and the pinker, warmer base helped it read less contrasting on my skin tone, though cooler skintones may have preferred a cooler base color. It wore well for eight hours on me.
- Colour Pop Swirl (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Roseshock (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Sephora Twilight (P, $16.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Anarchista (PiP, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Trickles (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Stila Queen (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Lilac Lust (P, $32.00) is darker, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Too Faced Plumagranate (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Ibiza (Right) (PiP, $44.00) is darker (80% similar).
Talc, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Squalane, Glyceryl Caprylate, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Silica, Magnesium Carbonate, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Tin Oxide. All Shades May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Carmine (Ci 75470), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Barium Sulfate (Ci 77120), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).