Tom Ford Beauty Reflects Gilt Soleil Glow Drops ($50.00 for 0.47 oz.) is a pale gold with subtle, warm undertones and a lightly dewy, pearly sheen. It had translucent coverage, which was as marketed, that worked well for highlighting high points (as a spot highlighter) and could also be mixed in with foundation or moisturizer for a more all-over glow.
The consistency was watery, thin, and spreadable, but there was a gel-like quality to it that kept it from being too watery or too thin that working with it became difficult. I didn’t have any issues applying it to bare skin or over base products with fingertips or brushes–no lifting at all. It dried down to a mostly powder-like finish, so it didn’t remain wet over time. This shade stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me.
- Natasha Denona Light (PiP, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Dior Universal (001) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Boujee Call (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Neige (Highlighter) (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Burst (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Milani Summer Glow (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Original (P, $38.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (P, $41.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Luna (LE, $68.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Daylight (P, $23.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$50.00/0.47 oz. - $106.38 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "translucent" and to give a "soft-focused, diffused glow" whether mixed in with foundation or applied to the high points of the face. It has a watery, slightly gel-like consistency that's thinner but easily spread with a quick dry down that sets in place, so it doesn't break down too easily.
It was easier to use with a brush when applying it over a base for spot highlighting, whereas fingertips worked well when it was used over bare skin or when mixed with a foundation or moisturizer. The shimmer was fine but not so subtle that the effect got lost, particularly when used alone or with more medium-coverage products. The formula stayed on well for eight to nine hours on me. I didn't notice any scent while wet or dry.
Browse all of our Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Glow Drops swatches.
WaterAquaEau, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Vp/Va Copolymer, Pentylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Myristyl Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Glucose, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Fructose, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Sucrose, Urea, Glyceryl Isostearate, Polysorbate 80, Glutamic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Isohexadecane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hexylene Glycol, Carbomer, Tin Oxide, Sodium Stearate, Dextrin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Carmine (Ci 75470)].