Lust for Life
Tom Ford Lust for Life Shimmer Shot ($45.00 for 0.50 fl. oz.) is a medium-dark copper with warm, brown undertones and fine, golden pearl. It’s supposed to be a sheerer, liquid highlighter that can be used alone on the high points of the face or mixed in with liquid foundation. Most liquid highlighters tend to be on the sheerer side, like this one, which was semi-sheer, moderately buildable, but the thinner, more water-like texture made it very easy to sheer out further and spread across a large area of skin with minimal color impact and subdued, fine pearl.
The consistency was thicker than pure water, but it never felt heavy on the skin. When I patted it onto cheeks with my fingertip, I saw some color–mostly warmth–and a natural sheen that did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. The product never fully dried down but wasn’t tacky and did not seem to migrate too much (it wore nicely for about seven hours)–I looked dewy without looking oily. I felt like there was more shimmer to it than some of the sheerer liquid highlighters on the market (Giorgio Armani, Becca) but was still a finer size so that it didn’t look like big chunks of sparkle on the skin. It incorporated well with liquid foundations, though the effect was even more subtle that way (I couldn’t even capture it on camera, but it gave my foundations a slightly dewier finish).
- Anastasia Bronzed (P, $25.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior #003 (LE, $53.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (DC, $38.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Peach Fizz (P, $25.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Tan #1 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani No. 03 (P, $62.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (P, $41.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Bronze Hero (LE, $21.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Rose Gold (LE, $25.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Candlelight (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).