Tom Ford Beauty Dazed Lip Spark ($55.00 for 0.1 oz.) is a rich, reddish-berry with subtle, cool undertones and flecks of ruby red and violet sparkle. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that applied evenly in a single, fluid stroke across my lips. There was a smidgen of product that sank into my deeper lip lines, but it wasn’t noticeable from a normal viewing distance. The texture was lightweight, emollient, and thin without being clingy, and it didn’t feel gritty, but I could tell it was a more glittery lipstick going on, so some may find that a deal-breaker. It wore well for five hours and was hydrating over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Ciate Hollywood (P, $19.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- NYX Acme (P, $7.50) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Revlon Iced Amethyst (P, $8.49) is less shimmery, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Let's Play (LE, $6.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Rebel Red (P, $40.00) is less shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Surprise (LE, $6.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Morning Glory (LE, $6.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Kat Von D Shockful (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Cherry on Top (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Anastasia Cali Sunset (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery, lighter, less glossy (85% similar).
$55.00/0.1 oz. - $550.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to "look" like "loose glitter on lips" with "uniform payoff" and "multidimensional color" paired with an "emollient" feel. The pigmentation varied from medium to semi-opaque that adhered evenly and fairly smoothly to my lips. The consistency varied from emollient without any grit/texture from the glittery bits to slightly noticeable during application but didn't feel gritty or rough to me while worn (for any of the shades).
The texture had slip but was lightweight and on the thinner side, so it did not feel slippery. Only one shade was problematic--Surge--which clumped up and was sheerer compared to the other shades. They lasted between four and six hours and were lightly hydrating over time. They had a hint of vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Tom Ford Beauty Lip Spark swatches.