Thinking of You
Sydney Grace Thinking of You Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a rich, deep coral with strong, warm orange undertones and a matte finish. It was incredibly pigmented to the point where a small tap of the brush picked up enough coverage to get one started.
While the consistency was blendable and fairly forgiving, it was definitely easier to build up coverage if necessary than to tamp it down–even knowing it was a more pigmented product, I still ended up with heavier than normal (even for swatch photos) application. The texture felt smooth, silky, and was a bit denser (without being too firmly pressed into the pan) than other matte shades in the formula. It wore well for nine hours before fading noticeably on my cheeks.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kosas Contrachroma (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP, ) is more muted (95% similar).
- ColourPop Quarters (P, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Clinique Ginger Pop (01) (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Lumieres de Kyoto (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Berry Rays #2 (PiP, ) is lighter, more muted (90% similar).
- ColourPop Bubbles (P, $7.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Shiseido Alpen Glow (06) (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Flush'd (LE, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Mellow Wine (P, $2.99) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- LYS Beauty Confident (P, $16.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.