Sydney Grace Summer Love Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a bright, medium-dark orange-coral with warm undertones and fine, golden shimmer that gave it a luminous finish. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer with a soft, smooth consistency that wasn’t too firmly nor too softly pressed into the pan. The product picked up well with a brush but didn’t have any issues with excess product kicked up in the pan. It applied evenly to bare skin and blended out easily along the edges, while the finish didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. This shade stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Oh You Pretty Things (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- Jouer Marigold (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Zip (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Love Lust (P, $60.00) is more shimmery, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Seek (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Shiseido Alpen Glow (06) (P, $29.00) is less shimmery, more muted (85% similar).
- Colour Pop My Sun and Stars (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NYX Summer (P, $6.50) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NYX Rose Gold (P, $6.50) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Vibrant Coral & Golden (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))