Sydney Grace Pure Love Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a deep, rosy copper with warm undertones and a metallic finish. It was intensely pigmented–to the point where a little went a long way–so I’d recommend using with a lighter hand and building up coverage if you tend to be heavy-handed or prefer a sheerer application of blush/highlight. (I over-applied even for swatching purposes as it was THAT pigmented!)
The consistency was smooth, lightly creamy, and dense without being thick or too stiff, so it picked up well with both more feathery and denser brushes. It had a strong sheen that emphasized my skin’s texture slightly at higher coverage but blended out easily along the edges. It wore nicely for nine hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Coloured Raine Bourgeois (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Moscow Mule (PiP, $36.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Ginger Binge (PiP, $36.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Evening Beige (340) (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- NARS Sugar Spirit (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- MAC Faux Sure (P, $27.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Rhubarb #2 (LE, $39.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Seven Wonders (LE, ) (80% similar).
- LORAC Golden Hour (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Urban Decay PSA (LE, $26.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))