Sydney Grace Pink Mist Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a pale, whitish-beige base with pink-to-lavender shifting pearl throughout. It had a less intense finish than most shades in the highlighter range, so it was more of a moderate glow with a very smooth sheen. The shift was noticeable–more so in person and particularly when layered over a blush–and looked like a brighter, lavender-pink and a cooler, bluer lavender at times.
The highlighter had a smooth, lightly creamy consistency that was dense without being too firmly-pressed into the pan and wasn’t thick or heavy on my skin. It picked up well with a brush, had opaque coverage, and adhered evenly to bare skin while blending out without difficulty. This shade lasted nicely for nine hours before fading visibly on my skin.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Morphe Stardust (P, $14.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Sydney Grace Red Mist (P, $6.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Iridescent Pink (003) (PiP, $60.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Pink Heart (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Naked Cherry #3 (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NYX Snow Rose (P, $7.99) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Flying High (P, $10.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Light Chaser (LE, $10.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Over the Moon (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Aquamarine (LE, $38.00) is cooler (90% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
The highlighters are supposed to be "smooth and pigmented" that "blend like a dream" and "last all day long." The majority of the shades in the range are incredibly pigmented with a creaminess to the texture that makes them a cinch to apply and blend out on my skin.
I was most impressed by how soft, almost cream-like the powders were, yet they weren't too loosely-pressed nor were they prone to powderiness. Some of the finishes are very metallic or frosted, so when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage levels, they can emphasize my skin's natural texture slightly. They have worn between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Highlighter swatches.
MICA, ((+/-SILK MICA (MICA (77019), BORON NITRIDE, L-LYSINE MICA (MICA 77019 AND LAUROYL LYSINE), CARANUBA MICA (MICA 77019 AND CARANUBA WAX), MAGNESIUM STEARATE, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, ZINC STEARATE, FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL (CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) VITAMIN E (TOCOPHEROL), SILK POWDER, ALLANTOIN, CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI77289), CHROMIUM GREEN (CI77288), CARMINE, IRON OXIDE (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), TIN OXIDE (CI 778161), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), ULTRAMARINES (77007), SILICA, *SYNTHETIC FLUROPHYLOGOPITE, ZINC (CI 77947), BRONZE AND COPPER POWDER (CI 77400), PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL))
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.