Sydney Grace Mauve Delight Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a muted, medium pink with moderate, warm undertones paired with a matte finish. The color deepened noticeable to a darker, warmer pink when applied over bare skin and blended out, which was actually how it appeared in the pan. To get the lighter, less-warm take on it, I’d recommend applying it over matte or just-powdered skin (matte finishes react more noticeably, e.g. by darkening, when interacting with any moisture like natural oils on the skin).
The consistency was soft, lightly powdery but blendable and easy to work with, though one might want to tap of excess from the brush if one is a little heavier handed. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which diffused readily along the edges. It lasted nicely for eight and a half hours before I noticed signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Pat McGrath Fleurtatious (P, $38.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Intemporalle (LE, $65.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC What I Fancy (LE, $24.00) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
- LORAC Tinge (PiP, $23.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- KIKO 109 Candy Rose (P, $12.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Enchanted Mirror (LE, $12.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced Peach Dream (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Bal (250) (P, $46.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Chantecaille Bliss (LE, $44.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Tweed Pink (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.