Keep It a Secret
Sydney Grace Keep It a Secret Highlighter ($12.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light-medium pink with moderately warm, yellow undertones and a pearly sheen. It had rich color payoff with a smooth, lightly creamy texture that was more firmly-pressed in the pan but wasn’t too dense or too thick. I had no trouble picking it up with a typical blush or highlighting brush and applying the powder evenly to my cheeks. On my skin tone, it worked as a highlighting blush with a smoother, shinier finish that was noticeable but not quite metallic; it did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Wet 'n' Wild Don't Flutter Yourself (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Adoration (Left) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Just a Wisp (P, $29.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Undefeated (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Blossom (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bicoastal (Top) (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Lavender Lure (Top) (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Clinique Pearl Pop (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Sydney Grace Melody (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- MAC Into the Pink (P, $27.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
The highlighters are supposed to be "smooth and pigmented" that "blend like a dream" and "last all day long." The majority of the shades in the range are incredibly pigmented with a creaminess to the texture that makes them a cinch to apply and blend out on my skin. I was most impressed by how soft, almost cream-like the powders were, yet they weren't too loosely-pressed nor were they prone to powderiness. Some of the finishes are very metallic or frosted, so when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage levels, they can emphasize my skin's natural texture slightly. They have worn between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Highlighter swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))