Sydney Grace First Date Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light, peachy orange with strong, warm undertones and a pearly sheen. The finish was glowing while being quite smooth, so it was more of a glow than an overt shimmer.
The consistency was lightly creamy, dense without being heavy, thick, or too firmly-pressed into the pan, which made it easy to pick up with an assortment of brushes. It was extremely pigmented in a single layer, so a lighter hand would be recommended for those who prefer sheerer or more buildable blush application. For certain skin tones, this could be used as a highlighter or highlighting blush. It stayed on beautifully for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Sydney Grace Pumpkin Spice Latte (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- MAC Shimmy Peach (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Wayfarer (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Pumpkin Spice Latte (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Angelique (P, $32.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Most Necessary (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- bareMinerals Joy (P, $29.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Daydream (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Red Harness Highlight (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Kosas Papaya 1972 (High Intensity) (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))