Sydney Grace Duchess Highlighter ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a medium-dark gold with strong, warm yellow undertones and a luminous sheen. It was intensely pigmented with a smooth, almost cream-like feel to it, so it was dense without being too firmly-pressed into the pan.
I had no trouble picking up product with a brush–I’d actually say to use a lighter hand and build up if you tend to like your highlighter sheerer–and applying it to bare skin as the highlighter went on evenly and blended out with ease. It added a noticeable glow but didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore nicely for nine hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Flicker (Top) (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Guerlain Electric Look #2 (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Golden Dawn (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior #003 (DC, $56.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Get It Glowin' (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Becca Prosecco Pop (P, $38.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Prosecco Pop (DC, $38.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Maldives (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Fairest of All (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- MAC Happy Go Dazzlingly (LE, $34.00) is warmer (95% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
The highlighters are supposed to be "smooth and pigmented" that "blend like a dream" and "last all day long." The majority of the shades in the range are incredibly pigmented with a creaminess to the texture that makes them a cinch to apply and blend out on my skin. I was most impressed by how soft, almost cream-like the powders were, yet they weren't too loosely-pressed nor were they prone to powderiness. Some of the finishes are very metallic or frosted, so when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage levels, they can emphasize my skin's natural texture slightly. They have worn between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Highlighter swatches.
Mica, ((+/-Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))