Down the Aisle
Sydney Grace Down the Aisle Highlighter ($12.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a soft, peachy-pink with warm undertones and a strong sheen. It had excellent color coverage in a single layer, which applied well to bare skin with a smooth, even application that did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. The highlighter had a smooth, lightly creamy consistency that was firmer in the pan but not stiff to work with, so it blended out easily on my cheeks. It stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Anastasia Starburst (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Milani Moon Glow (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Moon Glow Lights (P, $6.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Moonlight (P, $23.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Certain (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Naked Cherry #1 (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Eclat du Desert (LE, $80.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Go Honey (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Wicked (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Five Star Treatment (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
The highlighters are supposed to be "smooth and pigmented" that "blend like a dream" and "last all day long." The majority of the shades in the range are incredibly pigmented with a creaminess to the texture that makes them a cinch to apply and blend out on my skin.
I was most impressed by how soft, almost cream-like the powders were, yet they weren't too loosely-pressed nor were they prone to powderiness. Some of the finishes are very metallic or frosted, so when worn at semi-opaque or higher coverage levels, they can emphasize my skin's natural texture slightly. They have worn between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Highlighter swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.