Sydney Grace Day Dream Pressed Blush ($9.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a deep peach with strong, warm brown undertones and a matte finish. It was intensely pigmented where a little went a long way, so for those who love pigmented blush, it’s a contender, but anyone who worries about heavy-handed will have to use a very, very light hand.
The texture was incredibly smooth, silky, and blendable on bare skin. It darkened just a tad when applied directly over bare skin, but it held its color when applied over lightly powdered (or matte) skin. It wore well for nine hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Patrick Ta She's Sincere (P, $32.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Love Story (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Glossier Dusk (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Matchmaker (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Jouer Embrace Me (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Flower Beauty Pinched (P, $9.99) is less shimmery, lighter, glossier (85% similar).
- Jouer Adore Me (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Benefit Dallas (2020) (P, $17.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B304 (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Double Bubble (LE, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$9.00/0.25 oz. - $36.00 Per Ounce
It's a more pigmented blush, so it favors those who need or want richer coverage achieved with less product or in one layer, but those who prefer sheerer, more buildable blush may find there is a learning curve. The formula was very blendable and easy to work with, so I think it is more forgiving, particularly shades with some shimmer in them. The matte shades can be slightly powdery but do not look dry or dusty when applied, though they can darken a bit if not applied over drier or more matte skin (or a base). They wore between eight and 10 hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Pressed Blush swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Caranuba Mica (Mica 77019 and Caranuba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (Mica 77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Silk Powder, Allantoin, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Carmine, Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, *Synthetic Flurophylogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol))
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.