Tu Me Fais Rougir
Surratt Beauty Tu Me Fais Rougir Artistique BlushSurratt Beauty Tu Me Fais Rougir Artistique Blush ($32.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a light-medium cotton candy pink with subtle, cooler blue undertones and a luminous finish.
The Artistique Blush formula is supposed to have a “naturally glowing finish.” The formula is consistent: the blushes have a very soft, almost cream-like powder texture that blends out effortlessly to a luminous sheen with semi-opaque to opaque coverage (that is easily applied more sheerly or layered for true-to-pan color) and good wear (eight to nine hours). To Me Fais Rougir had a more noticeable sheen to its finish compared to several shades in the Artistique range, but it never appeared truly shimmery or frosted on the skin. The texture was soft, smooth, and blendable, but it seemed to have a looser press to it, so I had some excess powder kick up in the pan. It had semi-opaque, buildable coverage that applied well and lasted for eight hours on me.
A note on packaging: Surratt’s range comes in lightweight plastic pans, which aren’t ideal for long-term use (particularly if traveling or putting in a makeup bag), as his products are designed to be put into custom palette solutions. Personally, I put magnets on the back of each and keep them in freestyle palettes (like a Z-Palette) as it is more economical.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Milani Pink Play #3 (PiP, ) is more muted (95% similar).
- Tarte Flush (P, $29.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Pure Femininity (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Temper (-, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Cheeky Chic (LE, $24.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #210 HD Blush (DC, $26.00) is glossier (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Shadore (P, $37.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Too Faced Pink Wink (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Burberry First Love (LE, $68.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- theBalm Argyle (P, $22.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$32.00/0.14 oz. - $228.57 Per Ounce
The Artistique Blush formula is supposed to have a “naturally glowing finish.” The formula is consistent: the blushes have a very soft, almost cream-like powder texture that blends out effortlessly to a luminous sheen with semi-opaque to opaque coverage (but is soft and blendable enough to be applied sheer if preferred). Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
The only downside is that the packaging will feel underwhelming for the price point, as they are sold as refill pans with very thin plastic coverings and are designed to be housed in the brand's freestyle palettes.
Browse all of our Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush swatches.