Surratt Beauty Brillante Idée Artistique Blush ($32.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a bright, medium-dark coral-orange with warm undertones and a satin finish. It had nearly opaque color coverage, so only the barest tap of the brush was necessary for semi-sheer coverage on my skin tone.
The Artistique Blush formula is supposed to have a “natural-looking glow” with a “satin finish.” What I think separates the formula apart from many others is the texture–smooth, finely-milled, incredibly blendable–and the finish–often satiny, natural but not noticeably shimmery. I think that this shade is a good example of the formula, as the brightness and richness of the color are still easy to manage due to the blendability of the formula. If you use a lighter hand, it seemed to look more coral, whereas a heavier hand gave it a more orange-red vibe. The color wore nicely for eight and a half hours on me before fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Chanel Duo N. 02 (Bottom) (LE, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Viseart Orange #3 (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Smashbox Geranium (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel So Close (380) (P, $45.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Never Been Kissed (LE, $8.00) is more muted (90% similar).
- NARS Boys Don't Cry (LE, $41.00) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Slowburn (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Fleeting Romance (P, $23.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Clinique Ginger Pop (01) (P, $21.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Coral (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
$32.00/0.14 oz. - $228.57 Per Ounce
The Artistique Blush formula is supposed to have a “naturally glowing finish.” The formula is consistent: the blushes have a very soft, almost cream-like powder texture that blends out effortlessly to a luminous sheen with semi-opaque to opaque coverage (but is soft and blendable enough to be applied sheer if preferred). Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
The only downside is that the packaging will feel underwhelming for the price point, as they are sold as refill pans with very thin plastic coverings and are designed to be housed in the brand's freestyle palettes.
Browse all of our Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush swatches.