Stila Mystere Shade Mystere Highlighting Face GlossStila Mystere Shade Mystere Highlighting Face Gloss ($28.00 for 0.25 oz.) has a soft, translucent copper base with flecks of copper, pink, and silver pearl and larger sparkle/micro-glitter. It’s supposed to have “three marbleized shades” that come together to yield a “subtle, multidimensional, glossy, colored sheen” that can be used “all over” or as a “spotlight.” The brand recommended using “fingers or a sponge” for application to “face, cheeks, or body.”
The texture was smooth, moderately emollient, and just a touch tacky in the pot, though it seemed to dry down for the most part and did not feel sticky to the touch on my skin. I used fingertips to apply, which worked well to pick up and distribute the product onto my cheekbones for a light highlight. The sparkle did not appear too gritty or chunky, and it seemed to reflect light well (so it didn’t look like dirt at any time). I didn’t notice it lifting my liquid foundation when I tried it over a base to check for how it applied. On its own, it lasted for seven hours before I noticed slight migration of glitter.
- Stila Painted Lady (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Snowflushed (LE, $37.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Smashbox Blow a Fuse Gold (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Too Faced Strobeberry (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Lancome Rose Twinkle #2 (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Crown of my Canopy (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
- Anastasia Amber Gold (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
- ColourPop Aura Voir (P, $7.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
Mineral Oil, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polybutene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Ozokerite, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Mica, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Potassium Aluminum Silicate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Carmine (Ci 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.