Smith and Cult Cool Pink Flash Flush Powder Blush ($24.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a medium-dark pink with subtle, warm undertones and cooler, pink shimmer throughout. The finish took on a more luminous sheen, glowing but not frosted, when applied and buffed into place on my skin. The texture felt slightly drier and thin, but it ended up applying well enough and blended out without difficulty. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, though, which seemed much more than expected based on the brand’s claims. This shade stayed on well for seven and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Sydney Grace Secret (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Heather Pop (P, $21.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Under My Plum (LE, $31.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution All I Think About is You (P, $5.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Zoeva Supreme (P, $26.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Perfect Bronze (Left) (LE, $29.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Loved Me the Best (P, $5.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Embraced (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Sexual Content (Right) (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Breeze (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$24.00/0.07 oz. - $342.86 Per Ounce
The powder blush is supposed to be "weightless" with a "buildable formula and subtle sheer finish." They have a fairly smooth consistency, though they are a little drier and dustier, and blended out without too much effort. The pigmentation ranged from semi-opaque to opaque; it's not a truly buildable formula, though one could use a lighter hand or more feathery brush to pick up less product and get more buildable coverage that way (as is true with most pigmented formulas).
The finish was more luminous and glowing rather than metallic or frosted, so the powder sat well on my skin without emphasizing texture. They lasted between seven and eight hours on me before fading.
Worth noting, they are only 0.07 oz. each, which is quite small for a blush--it's actually the size of some eyeshadows!
Browse all of our Smith and Cult Flash Flush Powder Blush swatches.
Isododecane, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol, Mica. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.