Berry Dawn (08)
Shiseido Berry Dawn (08) InnerGlow Cheek Powder ($29.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a deep plum with modeate, warm undertones and a pearly sheen. The pigmentation was opaque in a single layer, while the texture was smooth, velvety, and finely-milled without being too dense or too softly pressed in the pan. There wasn’t any excess product that kicked up in the pan when I swirled my brush in it, but it was still readily picked up by my brush, deposited evenly to bare skin, and diffused easily along the edges for a smooth, even laydown of color. It had a noticeable sheen, but it did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture and wasn’t a true frost or metallic on but a little more shimmery than a true satin. It wore well for nine hours on me before I noticed slight fading.
- Dior Plum Pop (11) (LE, $48.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- NARS Deep Orgasm (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil d'Ambre (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty De Cherubique (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Apricot (P, $15.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Dominate (P, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Ravish (Discontinued) (DC, $60.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Incandescent (Bottom) (PiP, $75.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- LORAC Rose (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Wonder Years (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$29.00/0.14 oz. - $207.14 Per Ounce
According to the brand, it's a highlighting blush that "stay[s] put for eight hours" with "high color payoff and superior glide." The shades I tried were semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation with finishes that ranged from satin to metallic. I found that the most shimmery shade I tried, Inner Light, did emphasize my skin's natural texture, while the others did not. The powders had a smooth, almost creamy-like texture that was firmer in the pan (no excess product kicked up), but it picked up well with brushes, adhered to skin evenly, and blended with ease along the edges. The wear was between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Shiseido InnerGlow Cheek Powder swatches.
Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Carmine (Ci 75470), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).