($16.00 for 0.15 oz.) s a medium-dark brown with subtle, warm reddish undertones and a natural finish. It had sheer to semi-sheer, buildable color coverage that built up to medium coverage.
The texture was lightweight, thin, and emollient like a more traditional cream blush, but it had enough glide that it spread easily over bare skin as well as layered over foundation as it did not lift up my base products. The product applied evenly and diffused nicely along the edges, which made it hard to overdo. It had enough warmth in it to work as a “burnt bronze” effect–more of a red-based bronzer–as well as a contour. It wore well for seven hours before starting to migrate/move slightly.
P.S. — I had serious, cystic breakouts on my lower cheeks/above jaw area (through August 2020) that left a lot of post-acne marks, which are finally looking more faded (as of February 2021! and these photos were shot in December 2020), but as a result, I have found that some of the brownish-toned products, like this one, don’t look as even at a glance because of my underlying skin unevenness–but as I do for all products I test, I review based on the time(s) I test the product, which is usually at a later date than when I took the photos for the review.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tarte Angle (PiP, ) is warmer, less glossy (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Coco Naughty (P, $30.00) is warmer, less glossy (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Deep (8) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tantalize (106) (P, $49.00) is lighter, less glossy (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine Naughty Spice (P, $16.00) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- NARS Quirimba (P, $38.00) is lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Becca Luna (6.5) (-, $30.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Nudegasm (Super Sculpt) (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Moonlit Violet Sculpt (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- NARS Samoa (P, $38.00) is lighter, less glossy (85% similar).
$16.00/0.15 oz. - $106.67 Per Ounce
The formula is described as "buttery soft, easy to blend" and is supposed to have "sheer, buildable coverage with a soft, skin-like finish." Though it's available in three types--highlighter, contour/bronzer, and blush--they formulas do not differ dramatically in terms of performance and feel.
It had sheer coverage that was buildable to more medium coverage, but getting full-on opacity didn't seem like it was really in the realm of possibilities, so those who either need or want greater, truer-to-pan coverage may not find it as workable. I'd recommend sticking with deeper shades for those who need or want more coverage, too, as the lighter shades were less buildable.
As a cheek product, the formula applied evenly and blended out well on bare skin as well as patted over base products as it wasn't a formula prone to lifting up complexion products. The finish was dewier, though it seemed to soften a bit after an hour or so of wear. They wear was between six and seven hours before there was noticeable fading and/or light movement/slide. I had the best wear when applied over a more matte foundation as compared to bare skin or a dewier/more luminous foundation choice.
Browse all of our Salt New York Sculpt and Bronze Crème Tint swatches.