Physicians Formula Rose Gold Butter Highlighter ($10.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a medium copper with warm, reddish undertones and a metallic sheen. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, but it was easy to blend out or apply less for sheerer coverage if preferred. The highlighter had a moist, spongy consistency when pressed and touched in the pan, but it applied more powder-like and was thinner without any true glossiness (but plenty of shine!) on my cheeks. It applied easily and blended out with little effort. The shine was strong but stopped just shy of emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for almost 10 hours on me.
- Milani Sunset Glow (P, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Urban Decay O.N.S. (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Surreal (LE, ) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Chasing the Sun (LE, $28.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Too Faced Tropic Like It's Hot (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Candlelight (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Freak Like Me (P, $8.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Too Faced Cherry Bomb (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Bae Area (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Sephora High Noon (P, $16.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$10.99/0.17 oz. - $64.65 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "cream-to-powder" texture that has "one-swipe blendable coverage" with a finish that will "smooth skin texture" in addition to highlighting it. It has a spongy, creamy texture that has slight wetness to the touch, but it has the thinner, more powder-like feel of a cream-to-powder product when worked with (whether using fingertips, brushes, or sponges) and not a thicker, true cream texture. The added slip helped the formula blend seamlessly over my cheek bones while retaining coverage and minimizing any disturbance to my foundation/base products. They worked well over bare skin or on top of liquid foundation or powdered foundation in my experience. The wear time ranged between nine and 10 hours on me. They were scented with a beachy, coconutty scent, though I didn't notice it once applied.
Browse all of our Physicians Formula Butter Highlighter swatches.
Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Alumina, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Silica, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance / Parfum, Tin Oxide, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Carbonate, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).