Physicians Formula Pearl Butter Highlighter ($10.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a soft white with subtle, warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It was richly pigmented and yielded a smooth, high-shine finish on my skin. The consistency felt slightly wet to the touch, was creamy and smooth, and easy to work with on my skin (both over bare skin as well as over foundation). The added slip helped it slide over my skin with ease without losing intensity or coverage. It never made my skin look more textured. The highlighter wore well for nine hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Anastasia Snowflake (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Fortune (LE, $23.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Dior Glowing Pink (001) (LE, $58.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- OFRA Glazed Donut (P, $29.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Jouer Ice (PiP, $24.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Barely Dressed (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Winter Falls in LA (LE, $4.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Luminous (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Glow Watcher (LE, $4.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Icy (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$10.99/0.17 oz. - $64.65 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "cream-to-powder" texture that has "one-swipe blendable coverage" with a finish that will "smooth skin texture" in addition to highlighting it. It has a spongy, creamy texture that has slight wetness to the touch, but it has the thinner, more powder-like feel of a cream-to-powder product when worked with (whether using fingertips, brushes, or sponges) and not a thicker, true cream texture. The added slip helped the formula blend seamlessly over my cheek bones while retaining coverage and minimizing any disturbance to my foundation/base products. They worked well over bare skin or on top of liquid foundation or powdered foundation in my experience. The wear time ranged between nine and 10 hours on me. They were scented with a beachy, coconutty scent, though I didn't notice it once applied.
Browse all of our Physicians Formula Butter Highlighter swatches.
Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Carbonate, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.