Persona Georgia Super Blush ($22.00 for 0.18 oz.) is a brighter pop of medium coral-orange with strong, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had good pigmentation in a single layer, so I’d say it was more pigmented than it was naturally buildable, but the texture was yielding and workable for use with a lighter hand (or less-dense brush) to achieve more buildable coverage with the right technique.
The consistency was smooth to the touch, firmer but not dense or stiff, so it wasn’t powdery but picked up readily with most brushes. By touch, it seemed more velvety, like one might expect from a silicone-based primer, and the powder sat well on bare skin. It applied evenly, blended out well, and lasted nicely for nine hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Essence Satin Coral (P, $2.99) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Sugarpill Retrograde (PiP, ) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Dior Coral (004) (P, $37.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Pink Sand #3 (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Beat (-, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Zip (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Illamasqua Flirtatious (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- YSL Corail Rive Gauche (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- OFRA Ollie Need is Love (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Simply Bliss (LE, $24.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$22.00/0.18 oz. - $122.22 Per Ounce
The formula is described as "buildable, budge-proof" that "minimize[s] the appearance of pores and fine lines" and has a "matte yet luminous finish." The pigmentation was more semi-opaque to opaque coverage, but the texture was smooth without being too powdery, so one could use a lighter hand to get sheerer, more buildable coverage.
The powder applied well to bare skin and felt velvety like a silicone primer would, both in feel and look, as the powder diffused easily on my skin and had a satin finish on my skin--not quite matte but not overly shimmery either. It looked more seamless, almost "melted" finish, than a true matte blush would be, and I'd say that's where it closes in on its claim about minimizing the look of pores and fine lines. The formula wore well for nine hours before fading visibly on me.
Browse all of our Persona Super Blush swatches.
Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Triethylhexanoin, Dimethicone, Propanediol, Lauroyl Lysine, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain +/- Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77499), D&C Red No. 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850:2), FD&C Yellow No 5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), FD&C Red 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850:1)