Pat McGrath Dream Lover MatteTrance LipstickPat McGrath Dream Lover MatteTrance Lipstick ($38.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a muted, dusty pink-coral with moderate, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had rich color coverage in a single layer, but the product separated along my deeper lip lines and settled into them over time, which made it a higher-maintenance lip color to wear.
The texture was smooth, moderately dense, and creamy with more of a velvety slip as it didn’t feel overly wet/emollient. It stayed on well for four and a half hours and felt non-drying over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Walk This Way (P, $26.00) is darker, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Smashbox Level Up (P, $24.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Androgino (103) (P, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Ciate Sydney (LE, $19.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Jaclyn Cosmetics Sofia (DC, $18.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Soccer Mom (P, $12.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Sephora Flamingo (P, $14.00) is darker, less glossy (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Blushing Dream (LE, $37.00) is darker, cooler, glossier (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Marisa (LE, $36.00) is cooler, glossier (85% similar).
- ColourPop Mrs. (LE, $7.00) is darker (85% similar).
$38.00/0.14 oz. - $271.43 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be “richly pigmented” with “”supreme hydration” and “opulent matte opacity.” The consistency was smooth, velvety, and dense without being too firm for one-stroke, glide-on application (I found the original shades to be slightly firmer compared to more newly released shades). They had nearly opaque to opaque coverage in one layer and most were buildable.
They had a subtle sheen--more satin-to-cream in finish--that wore down to a natural matte finish within an hour or two of wear. The formula lasted between four and eight hours on me, and while most weren't drying, they aren't "supreme[ly" hydrating either. They are, however, comfortable to wear over a longer period of time and reapply well. There was no discernible scent or taste to the formula.
Browse all of our Pat McGrath MatteTrance Lipstick swatches.