ColourPop Chiffon Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light-medium, peachy-orange base with flecks of pink-to-gold shifting sparkle. It had medium, buildable pigmentation when applied with a fingertip and semi-sheer coverage when applied with a brush.
The consistency was smooth, lightly emollient but not too slippery, which helped the product adhere well without being prone to lifting up base products or becoming patchy. It lasted nicely for 10 hours with light migration over time from the sparkles.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Too Faced Canary Diamond (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Dazzlepink (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hope St. (P, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Everybody's Got a Weakness (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Spanish Rose Glow (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Stila Painted Lady (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Becca Own Your Light (LE, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Smashbox Prismatic Petal (LE, $39.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Opal Glow (LE, $48.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Iluminacion (P, $39.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.