Natasha Denona Dark (03) Face Glow Cream Shimmer ($38.00 for 0.32 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark bronze with subtle, warm undertones and fine pearl paired with a dewy finish. The formula never fully dried down, so it has a true dewy finish that looked slightly wet while worn, but thankfully, it didn’t seem prone to sliding around or migrating easily as it still lasted for a solid eight hours before signs of wear were present.
The texture was fairly emollient with slip and a bit of glide with a more gel-like feel, which enabled it to spread across my skin better (particularly when applied over foundation). The product applied evenly and blended out easily along the edges. As the name might hint at, this particular shade was designed as a highlighter for darker skin tones, so it did have a slightly reddish tint when applied on my skin tone, but I would expect it to function as an illuminating product on deeper skin tones. It had buildable coverage from medium to semi-opaque, though application with a brush could yield more sheer to semi-sheer, buildable coverage depending on technique.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Courchevel (Highlighter) (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Glacial Rose (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Rose Gold (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Westman Atelier Peau de Peche (P, $75.00) is more shimmery, lighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Chanel Golden Light (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, lighter, less pigmented (90% similar).
- NARS Deep Down (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- lilah b. b captivating (P, $60.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Lancome Rosegold Lights (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Bronze Gold (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Maybelline Nude Glow (200) (P, $9.99) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$38.00/1 oz. - $38.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable pigment" with an "intense" illumination that gives a "radiant glow-from-within look." The formula has a slightly gel-like feel, as there was better spreadability to the product over bare skin as well as over foundation (without lifting up base products) and could be used with fingertips as well as brushes.
It had moderate slip, and it never fully dried down, so it did have a strong shine and dewy finish. The pigmentation was medium to semi-opaque in one layer applied directly from the tube, whereas fingertip and brush application tended to be more semi-sheer and buildable to about semi-opaque. The formula lasted around eight hours on average before it started to wear away/down.
Browse all of our Natasha Denona Face Glow Cream Shimmer swatches.
Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Mica, Polyethylene, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Synthetic Wax, Carthamus Tinctorius Oil [Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil], Tin Oxide, Litchi Chinensis Extract (Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).