NARS Tempted Powder Blush ($30.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a light-medium peach with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had rich color coverage in a single layer, but the texture was slightly drier and thinner, so it was easy to use a lighter hand or less-dense brush to get sheerer, more buildable coverage if preferred. The powder applied evenly to my cheeks and diffused nicely along the edges with little effort. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading was present.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview, for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Nuanced (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lightgasm Multi-Glow (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Tweed Beige (140) (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Apri-cot in the Middle (P, $2.99) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Nude Glow (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk (P, $40.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS PYT (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Yummy Cookies (LE, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Edward Bess Bellissima (P, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Gorgeous Glowing Beauty #5 (LE, $40.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$30.00/0.16 oz. - $187.50 Per Ounce
From NARS’ website, their blush formula is described as “beautifully pigmented” and “soft [and] blendable.” NARS' blushes, since they've been released in such a massive range of shades over the years, can vary from shade to shade to some degree. Most shades are pigmented with firmer, slightly stiffer consistencies that can also run on the thinner side, which allows greater control when picking up product but some of the more matte shades could be a bit more blendable or easier to work with.
Some of the more newly-released shades have softer, more yielding textures that are a bit creamier and are easier to blend out, though most of NARS' blushes are fairly blendable. The wear typically ranges from eight to nine hours with a few shades falling above or below this range.
Browse all of our NARS Powder Blush swatches.
TALC • OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE • OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE • ZINC STEARATE • TIN OXIDE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) • MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742) • MICA • RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) • RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360) • RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200) • RED 34 LAKE (CI 15880) • RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) • YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)] •