NARS Orgasm X Powder Blush ($30.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a brighter, medium-dark pink-coral base with fine, golden shimmer throughout that gave it a more luminous finish. It was significantly warmer, deeper, and had a smoother sheen compared to the original Orgasm blush.
The consistency felt slightly drier to the touch, almost papery (and I mean that in a neutral way), but it was incredibly easy to pick up with a brush–without being powdery–and blend out the color for a glowing finish that wasn’t prone to emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. It had rich color coverage that stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Fenty Beauty Yacht Life (P, $25.00) is darker, glossier (95% similar).
- Tarte Extraordinary (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop More is More (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Rose Spritz (DC, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Stellar Beauty Flare (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- By Terry Light & Tan Vibes #2 (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Cheeky Bits (P, $27.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Electric (-, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Dwindle (LE, $5.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Kelp Me (LE, $5.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$30.00/0.16 oz. - $187.50 Per Ounce
From NARS’ website, their blush formula is described as “beautifully pigmented” and “soft [and] blendable.” NARS' blushes, since they've been released in such a massive range of shades over the years, can vary from shade to shade to some degree. Most shades are pigmented with firmer, slightly stiffer consistencies that can also run on the thinner side, which allows greater control when picking up product but some of the more matte shades could be a bit more blendable or easier to work with.
Some of the more newly-released shades have softer, more yielding textures that are a bit creamier and are easier to blend out, though most of NARS' blushes are fairly blendable. The wear typically ranges from eight to nine hours with a few shades falling above or below this range.
Browse all of our NARS Powder Blush swatches.
TALC • OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE • OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE • ZINC STEARATE • TIN OXIDE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) • MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742) • MICA • RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) • RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360) • RED 33 LAKE (CI 17200) • RED 34 LAKE (CI 15880) • RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) • YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)] •