NARS Orgasm Full Vinyl Lip LacquerNARS Orgasm Full Vinyl Lip Lacquer ($26.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a bright, medium pink-coral base chocked full of gold shimmer. The base looked creamier, and as a result, it settled into all of my lip lines noticeably (not at all “line-free”), despite the color itself not having any streaking. It had semi-opaque pigmentation (not quite “ultra-saturated” as described) and a mirror-like finish–very shiny. The consistency was light-medium in thickness but lightweight, though it was moderately tacky (and it wasn’t supposed to be). It wore well for four hours and was lightly hydrating.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Orgasm (P, $26.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Anastasia Parfait (P, $16.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Burberry Cameo Pink (P, $29.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Nymphette (P, $18.50) is lighter, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Sahara (610) (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Too Faced Dreamsicle (P, $20.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Gonna Love Me (LE, $18.50) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain Frizzy Mango (LE, $32.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Hourglass Solar (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Sephora Fresh Peach (07) (P, $12.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$26.00/0.17 oz. - $152.94 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "patent shine" and "high-octane color," which is further translated into "mirror-like shine" and "intense color" and has a "moisturizing feel." The applicator is made with two distinct sides; one side "features a reservoir to deposit the ideal amount of color" (it's slightly indented) and the other side "evenly distributes the formula." I actually felt that the applicator often over-applied the product, and I'd expect someone with thinner lips may find they need to wipe some off prior to applying to their lips.
The texture was plush, moderate in thickness but lighter weight (not heavy but I knew I was wearing gloss) and had light to moderate tackiness, which became more noticeable over time. I felt that the shimmery shades applied the best--more even, better coverage, and sat well on my lips--while the cream shades were inconsistent though often quite pigmented. The lighter cream shades (like Santo Domingo) almost appeared bubbled on my lips, not streaky or uneven per se, but the finish wasn't as flattering or as smooth as it was for deeper, richer hues (like Red District). Both finishes were very shiny--dare I say, mirror-like!--and glossy.
Most shades were pigmented, and the majority lasted at least four hours with some lasting as long as six hours on me. The formula was comfortable to wear and lightly to moderately hydrating over time. They were scented with something sweet and syrupy, not typical vanilla, but didn't seem to have a discernible taste to me.
Browse all of our NARS Full Vinyl Lip Lacquer swatches.