NABLA Cosmetics Truth Skin Glazing Highlighter Powder ($26.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a medium pink with moderate, warm undertones and a golden, metallic sheen. The highlighter was richly pigmented, but the firmer texture made it easy to use a lighter hand to pick up less product if desired.
That firmness didn’t translate into stiffness, though, so there was no powderiness to deal with while the product still applied evenly and blended out with little effort. It had a noticeable glow on my skin, which could be dialed up if desired, but it didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. This shade wore well for eight and a half hours before I noticed slight fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Springsheen (P, $24.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Hourglass Incandescent Electra (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Pink Moon (LE, $39.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Peach Kiss (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Venom (P, $7.50) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Guindilla (LE, $37.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Valley Girl (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Extraordinary (LE, $29.00) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Highlighter) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass Iridescent Rose (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$26.00/0.23 oz. - $113.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed have a "mirror effect" and "unexpected brilliance." They have more of a gel-powder base, where it has a slightly drier, firmer feel but not in a bad way, so the product will pick up best with a moderately dense brush (as opposed to something like a fan brush) but have no powderiness.
The range was very pigmented but easy to pick up less product for a sheerer, more buildable effect. They were easy to apply, blended out nicely, and yielded a moderate glow that was smooth and not prone to emphasizing skin texture.
Browse all of our NABLA Cosmetics Skin Glazing Highlighter Powder swatches.
mica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, squalane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, glycerin, polysorbate 20, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-hexanediol, carrageenan, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, silica, dicalcium phosphate, synthetic fluorphlogopite. +/− (may contain / peut contenir): ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 - ci 77492 - ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 73360 (red 30 lake).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.