NABLA Cosmetics Lola Skin Glazing Highlighter Powder ($26.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a brighter, medium-dark pink-coral with soft, warm undertones and pink and gold pearl over a luminous finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was easy to diffuse and blend out for sheerer coverage, or it could be applied with a lighter hand for more buildable coverage if preferred.
The consistency was smooth to the touch, dense and more firmly-pressed into the pan, which is typical of this type of more baked-gelee kind of formula. It works best with a more moderately dense brush for picking up product evenly, but there’s never any powderiness and the powder almost “melts” on skin for a very seamless finish. This shade stayed on well for nine hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Sweet Vision (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Independence (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, more muted, warmer (85% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Genesis (P, $39.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Catrice Pinch of Rose (P, $6.99) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Too Faced Strobeberry (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Truth (P, $26.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Starquake (LE, $37.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pinkgasm (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Buzz (PiP, ) is lighter (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Love Glow (Super Glow) (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
$26.00/0.23 oz. - $113.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed have a "mirror effect" and "unexpected brilliance." They have more of a gel-powder base, where it has a slightly drier, firmer feel but not in a bad way, so the product will pick up best with a moderately dense brush (as opposed to something like a fan brush) but have no powderiness.
The range was very pigmented but easy to pick up less product for a sheerer, more buildable effect. They were easy to apply, blended out nicely, and yielded a moderate glow that was smooth and not prone to emphasizing skin texture.
Browse all of our NABLA Cosmetics Skin Glazing Highlighter Powder swatches.
mica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, squalane, glycerin, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polysorbate 20, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-hexanediol, carrageenan, xanthan gum, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, silica, dicalcium phosphate, synthetic fluorphlogopite. +/− (may contain / peut contenir): ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 - ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 73360 (red 30 lake).