NABLA Cosmetics Lola Skin Glazing Highlighter Powder ($26.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a brighter, medium-dark pink-coral with soft, warm undertones and pink and gold pearl over a luminous finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was easy to diffuse and blend out for sheerer coverage, or it could be applied with a lighter hand for more buildable coverage if preferred.
The consistency was smooth to the touch, dense and more firmly-pressed into the pan, which is typical of this type of more baked-gelee kind of formula. It works best with a more moderately dense brush for picking up product evenly, but there’s never any powderiness and the powder almost “melts” on skin for a very seamless finish. This shade stayed on well for nine hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Sweet Vision (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Buzz (PiP, ) is lighter (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Love Glow (Super Glow) (PiP, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Coloured Raine Just Peachy (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, brighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Independence (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, more muted, warmer (85% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Genesis (P, $39.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Catrice Pinch of Rose (P, $6.99) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Too Faced Strobeberry (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Truth (P, $26.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Starquake (LE, $37.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$26.00/0.23 oz. - $113.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed have a "mirror effect" and "unexpected brilliance." They have more of a gel-powder base, where it has a slightly drier, firmer feel but not in a bad way, so the product will pick up best with a moderately dense brush (as opposed to something like a fan brush) but have no powderiness.
The range was very pigmented but easy to pick up less product for a sheerer, more buildable effect. They were easy to apply, blended out nicely, and yielded a moderate glow that was smooth and not prone to emphasizing skin texture.
Browse all of our NABLA Cosmetics Skin Glazing Highlighter Powder swatches.
mica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, squalane, glycerin, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polysorbate 20, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-hexanediol, carrageenan, xanthan gum, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, silica, dicalcium phosphate, synthetic fluorphlogopite. +/− (may contain / peut contenir): ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 - ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 73360 (red 30 lake).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.