NABLA Cosmetics Amensia Skin Glazing Highlighter Powder ($26.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a light-medium gold with stronger, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It was buildable in its intensity–up to metallic–if layered or applied with a dampened brush. It had opaque pigmentation that could easily be applied with a lighter hand or diffused for sheerer coverage if preferred.
The texture was smooth to the touch, more firmly-pressed in the pan but not stiff or difficult to apply or blend out on my skin. You’ll want to use a moderately dense brush (e.g. not a fan brush) to pick up an even amount of product for application. The advantage to this type of formula is how the powder “melts” on the skin and has a seamless finish. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lovegasm Highlight (LE, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty 24Kray (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia So Hollywood (P, $25.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Lethal Cosmetics Gamma (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Champagne Venus (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Sparkling Sass (P, $32.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Opal (P, $38.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Precious Petals (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Holly Gold-head (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior Glowing Nude (002) (LE, $58.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$26.00/0.23 oz. - $113.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed have a "mirror effect" and "unexpected brilliance." They have more of a gel-powder base, where it has a slightly drier, firmer feel but not in a bad way, so the product will pick up best with a moderately dense brush (as opposed to something like a fan brush) but have no powderiness.
The range was very pigmented but easy to pick up less product for a sheerer, more buildable effect. They were easy to apply, blended out nicely, and yielded a moderate glow that was smooth and not prone to emphasizing skin texture.
Browse all of our NABLA Cosmetics Skin Glazing Highlighter Powder swatches.
mica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, squalane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, glycerin, polysorbate 20, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-hexanediol, carrageenan, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, silica, dicalcium phosphate, synthetic fluorphlogopite. +/− (may contain / peut contenir): ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 - ci 77499 (iron oxides).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.