NABLA Cosmetics Amensia Skin Glazing Highlighter Powder ($26.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a light-medium gold with stronger, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It was buildable in its intensity–up to metallic–if layered or applied with a dampened brush. It had opaque pigmentation that could easily be applied with a lighter hand or diffused for sheerer coverage if preferred.
The texture was smooth to the touch, more firmly-pressed in the pan but not stiff or difficult to apply or blend out on my skin. You’ll want to use a moderately dense brush (e.g. not a fan brush) to pick up an even amount of product for application. The advantage to this type of formula is how the powder “melts” on the skin and has a seamless finish. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Pretty Vulgar Sparkling Sass (P, $32.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Opal (P, $38.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Precious Petals (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Holly Gold-head (LE, $4.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lovegasm Highlight (LE, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty 24Kray (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia So Hollywood (P, $25.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Chantecaille Eclat Brilliant (LE, $92.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Luxe (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Anastasia Dripping in Gold (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$26.00/0.23 oz. - $113.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed have a "mirror effect" and "unexpected brilliance." They have more of a gel-powder base, where it has a slightly drier, firmer feel but not in a bad way, so the product will pick up best with a moderately dense brush (as opposed to something like a fan brush) but have no powderiness.
The range was very pigmented but easy to pick up less product for a sheerer, more buildable effect. They were easy to apply, blended out nicely, and yielded a moderate glow that was smooth and not prone to emphasizing skin texture.
Browse all of our NABLA Cosmetics Skin Glazing Highlighter Powder swatches.
mica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, squalane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, glycerin, polysorbate 20, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-hexanediol, carrageenan, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, silica, dicalcium phosphate, synthetic fluorphlogopite. +/− (may contain / peut contenir): ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 - ci 77499 (iron oxides).